We are now looking for Head of Controlling to lead the Business Controlling team in Instru Optiikka Oy. The Head of Controlling reports to the CFO and is working in close cooperation with the Management Team of the business. The Head of Controlling is business partner for the Instrumentarium brand and leads the reporting to GrandVision Group. We are looking for a person who is able and willing to challenge the business and propose commercial changes to improve the financial performance of the company.
The Head of Controlling is a key business partner and leader of the Business Controlling team (4 subordinates):
- Main ‘interface’ or ‘point of contact’ of local business with GV Group Finance.
- Ensures the timely submission of the monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting in Emerald (HFM) and performance commentaries to GrandVision Group
- Financial Reporting, in compliance with IFRS and the GrandVision Group Accounting Manual.
- Supports the Finance Director in providing Finance Business Partnering to the directors on the local Management Team and develops cross-functional relationships with other department teams to receive information and to communicate required actions.
- Ensures the timely completeness and accuracy of all financial management reporting, including:
- Daily trading reporting
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Monthly performance reporting
- Provides continuous analysis of performance against budget and prior year plus trend, revenue growth, cost, EBITA and profitability analysis.
- Manages Controlling for: Sales, Marketing, HR, Overheads & Supply Chain.
Supports Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain in commercial decisions.
- Develops and reviews business cases for company investments in new and existing stores (LER), IT and Supply Chain (CER) and for marketing promotions.
- Maintains a strong link with the ‘front end’ of the business and the performance drivers by making regular store visits.
- Supports the management of external relationships including with external auditors, local government statistical and reporting agencies.
- Monitors performance of competitors and provides analysis and insights into their strategy and performance.
Qualifications and competences
In order to be successful in this role, we hope you have:
- University degree (e.g. accounting, business, economics)
- Several years’ experience from Business Controlling
- Experience from commercial sector (e.g. FMCG or retail)
- Advanced IT-Skills
- ERP systems (Microsoft Navision, SAP)
- BI tools (Cognos TM1, QlikView, SAP BI)
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal)
- Finnish language is optional
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas eg. IT, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate
- Proactive way of working
- Confidence and fluent communicational skills to communicate with management at all levels
- Ability to develop effective business partnering relationships and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
For confidential inquiries and applications:
Janne Huusela, Senior Consultant, +358 40 823 7658, email@example.com
Sanna Erola, Research Consultant, +358 40 725 6574, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application and CV the latest on 18.8.2017 through email email@example.com.
Your application will be handled with strict confidentiality.